Job Specification: Experience in the field of renewable energy, rural electrification and decentralized energy systems.
The broad objective of the Energy Access team is the solve the challenge of rural electricity via solar. Forming partnerships with like-minded organisations who are interested in solving the challenges of rural electrification would a key part of the role.
The work would involve both quantitative and qualitative research to evaluate the impacts at potential implementation sites. Regular liaising with government agencies, funding agencies, local bodies and other implementation partners would be required.
The candidate should have strong interest in rural electrification and should have demonstrated the same via previous work experience.
- Conduct literature review on energy access followed by quantitative research using various data sets
- Be aware about latest government policies and updates.
Prepare short term and long term plan according to policy updates and changes. Liaison with government and other research agencies for any policy in draft stage
- Assist in forging partnerships with local organisations before the project is implemented
- Assist in writing proposals for energy access projects & engage with other relevant stakeholders and represent Vikram Solar at various forums and conferences.
- Should be passionate about renewable energy and must have showcased some interest in power sector in the past * Should be interested in understanding the policy landscape in India and comfortable with reading and writing reports * Ability to dig deeper into details and proactive in search
- Should be comfortable with MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint * Eager to learn and willingness to adopt to a new environment & eager to work in an interdisciplinary environment
Functional Area: Strategy & Business Development
Role Category: Executive /Sr. Executive
Role: Executive /Sr. Executive – Energy Access Projects