Channel Sales Manager
Reporting to the Asia Pacific and Middle East region, the Channel Sales Manager is the business leader responsible for the sales of home solutions in countries that Trina does not have a direct sales presence and relies on distributors for home/kit solution sales and post-sales support.
The person in this role will be assigned to be responsible for specific countries partners/customers in India and South East Asia.
Channel Sales Manager will develop, refine and deliver the Region Channel Strategies, achieving agreed market share, sales growth and margin, order book and customer satisfaction targets,.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Setting up new channel partners and overseeing the on-boarding process.
- Implementing channel marketing plans set out by the channel marketing team.
- Working closely with sales teams within the channel partner to train and advice.
- Regularly meeting with counterparts with partner organisation.
- Working to sales and revenue targets as set by the region while meeting strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Giving feedback to the marketing team on the success of sales promotions.
- Addressing customer service issues as raised by the channel partner.
- Identifying and reaching out to new potential channel partners.
- Working on cross selling opportunities within the organisation.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Hold regular performance and planning reviews with channel partners. Monthly reporting on sales KPI’s within channel partners.
- On a regular basis, monitor partner’s credit position to ensure all backlog are fulfilled in a timely manner. Proactively analyse the credit requirements to cater for the growth of the business.
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through partner organizations to end users in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Ensure partner compliance with partner agreements and with overall corporate compliance requirements.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Ensure Trina customer satisfaction quality is maintained through channel partners
- To acquire new business sales through various sales channels. Identify and develop new channel relationships while nurturing existing channel partners to achieve business growth.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address end user needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary internal and partner personnel.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drives adoption of company programs among assigned partners and proactively recruits new qualifying partners.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Maintains high partner satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Performs other duties as required.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Requires a master/bachelor’s degree from accredited institution in related fied.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in driving channel sales.
Preferred Experiential Background:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build strong relationships with partners.
- Strong personal network within the industry.
- Driven, highly motivated and passionate about sales.
- Professional sales training would be an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to travel to Channel Partner sites, customers and internal meetings or events (national and/or international).
- Detail-oriented with a strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership of work.
- Excellent personal organizational and pattern recognition skills
- Languages: local languages of geographic territory to be covered, English and Chinese proficiency preferred.
Name : Trina solar