- We can see Lightway Solar being active in India market recently . What attracted you to this market?
Yes, LightwaySolar started it’s business in India since this year (2017) beginning and planning to set up our New Delhi office at the soonest. The most attractive for us is the rigorous policies and good surroundings, peace, justice and tolerant. Furthermore, the environmental awareness in India is gradually being established. We can see that in future India will lead the Solar Power business sector globally. Also India has formed International Solar Alliance (ISA) which shows the intent.
- The recent aggressive bidding by various developers keeping Solar Tariffs in the price range of Rs.3.3-4.34 per kWh in various Solar Tenders…Whats your view on the viability, Costs & timeline pressures, Resource Challenges (Materials, ManPower, Execution, Grid Connection, Land Possession) etc…
We are committed for India market and want to set our foot firmly here. Since we are a 100% vertically integrated module manufacturer, we have cost advantage over other manufacturers. Majority of large module manufacturers, in order to increase their manufacturing capacity, outsource cells or wafers. We do not want to do that. We would like to grow gradually, but firmly without compromising our quality standards and stay competitive at the same time.
Lightway has started Indian business unit with commitment with fully equipped local team. We see this market as one of our most focused marker and we will work to service our clients to best of our ability.
- Kindly enlighten our readers on the performance of your modules in India in various geographic locations, customer feedback,.
We supplied our module or executed self financed projects in many eminent solar markets across globe with various climatic conditions. In all these markets we are known as a quality module manufacturer. Our performance feedback is excellent in all these projects. We are module partner of top 5 developers (China Guodian, China Three Gorges Corporation, China General Nuclear Power Corporation, State Power Investment Corporation) in China. We have recently inked a contract with CGN for 100MW single project supply. This demonstrate our credibility and quality commitment globally. We would like to replicate the same in India market as well.
- Present some noteworthy projects, case studies of solar plants built using your solar modules.
- XingtaiNeiqiuZhongneng State Power 100MW Power Station
- Baigouhe Road International Commerce & Trade City 20MW Project
- Handan Anyuan50MWPower Station
- Jilin, Qingda Chengde 35MWPower Station
- Tsingyun Solar Xingtai 30MWPower Station
- Shineng Pingshan29.5MWPower Station
These are some few eminent projects in China. Apart of thesewe have done over 500MW (cumulative) projects in Europe and 1.8GW supply on pipeline.
- Please describe in brief about your company, directors, promoters, investors, its vision & mission
Lightway is one of the global leaders in the solar industry. We distribute solar products and provide solutions and services to a diversified international utility, commercial and residential customer throughout the world. We have built a vertically integrated solar product value chain, with an integrated annual capacity of 660MW respectively now. Right now Lightway has over 1,300 employees, 5 oversea subsidiaries in Japan, Germany, United States, Australia and India.
Lightway Green Energy is proud of our success in PV market. There are prominent well known partners throughout the world that rely on our brand, product and services.
- What are yout main values for India market.
Here are Our main values:
- Highly competitive cost structure based on a vertical integratedproduction process .
- Strong background: Parent company Y2015 revenue: $ 8.2billion , Ranked in No.249 in TOP 500 Chinese Enterprises 2015 and owned two listed company ( “LongiTech Smart Energy”, stock code: 1281.HK; Stock code:002576, listed in ShenZhen,China)
- State of the art manufacturingequipments assuring highest quality
- Local offices, local serviceand warehouses with experienced local team.
- Projects in China, Japan, Australia, Germany etc. developed, co-invested, constructed and owned by ourselves revealing ourreliability.
- Solar Trade Wars :What is Your View ?
I would like to vote against tread war and regulations. The outcome of trade regulations have never been proved in benefit for EU countries. If I remember correctly in 2010s in Germany alone the annual solar project execution was around 8GW, but after trade regulation these days the execution rate is as low as around 1GW. The down scale is solar market is not because of saturation, but trade regulatory policies.
I believe in a healthy and open minded state policies will help the solar market to grow exponentially in India market and both domestic / International manufacturers and service providers will benefit from the same. I wish GOI will continue its support towards the solar sector with its supportive policies.
- In India, are you confident that government energy policy will encourage investment in renewables?
Definitely Yes. To encourage investment in renewable seems an inevitable trend in worldwide and we are glad to see India government always keeps forward looking vision on it.
- What is Lightway’s R&D team working on at the moment?
We have a outstanding R&D team, including nearly70 doctors, senior engineers. Our new product passed maximum voltage 1500V PID testing under 60◦ C/85%RH condition to ensure the outdoor durability and energy output via high-voltage resistance technology. We are one of the world’s leading companies devoting ourselves to higher efficiency with black silicon & diamond wire slice as well as PERC cell technology.
- What are the top 5 markets for your company in the past, present and future
At present we are mainly focusing China, India, USA, Japan & Latin American markets.
- Last question, what do you think of the social responsibility of Lightway?
It’s a good question. We realize we would build a sustainable business by helping to protect and nurture the valuable resources on which we all depend and achieve our objectives.
Lightway donates to more than ten schools in rural and underdeveloped areas which currently lack access to electricity, providing a sustainable and much-needed energy option. Besides, we have LIGHTWAY FUND, keep helping the underprivileged people with the help of everyone in Lightway.