Nichicon Corporation has developed the new Small Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery (SLB series) in conjunction with Toshiba Infrastructure Systems & Solutions Corporation SCiBTM technologies.
The main features of the SLB series include:
- A high rate of charge/discharge. The batteries are able to charge to approximately 80% in three minutes
and discharge to 95% of the charge in three minutes.
- The SLB is safe to charge even in a low temperature environment of -30° C as lithium does not deposit onto the negative electrode.
- In the event of a forced internal short circuit, the possibility of an explosion is low, making the SLB safe.
- High capacity retention rate of 80% or more even after 25,000 charge/discharge cycles at a rate of 10° C.
The SLBs are able to power environmental sensors for monitoring temperature, humidity, illuminance and other data for long periods of time when combined with a power supply IC. By utilizing the high rate characteristic of 20° C (max), these batteries can be charged in a short time when used in combination with a step-up/step-down charging IC.
- Operating voltage: 2.4 V
- Maximum charging voltage: 2.8 V
- Discharge cutoff voltage: 1.8 V
- Rated capacity: 0.35 to 150 mAh
- Temperature range: -30 to 60° C
- Life: 25,000 hour life cycle
Nichicon Corporation will demonstrate these products at APEC 2019 at Booth 665 in Anaheim, California, March 17-20.