Manager- BD & Sales Assist IndiaIndia – New DelhiOur high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
- Relationship management with key market participants in the Indian solar industry, including utilities, independent engineers, system integrators and EPC contractors, to position First Solar’s module technology.
- Account planning and account development with strategic clients/large utilities.
- Coordination with First Solar’s technical resources to ensure that the technology is suitably positioned with the customers, including conduct of technical presentations and seminars from time to time.
- Manage the demand funnel using Salesforce and keeping the Salesforce updated for the purposes of internal reviews and overall demand planning.
- Preparing module proposals for customers, including seeking internal business approvals.
- Taking the lead to negotiate and finalize module supply contracts including review of commercial terms.
- Contract closure and post closure contract administration with the manufacturing units to align shipment schedules.
- Follow up and contract administration for securing of LC’s or other payment securities and coordinating module shipments.Related Experience & Educational Requirements:
- An experienced Assistant Manager with 8-10 years of sales and commercial experience in industrial products, with hands on experience on tools like Salesforce for business analytics and structuring.
- Specific work experience in the energy industry and/or renewable industries is a plus.
- Understanding and experience in developing and negotiating commercial terms and conditions for sale of imported capital equipment.
- Ability to develop pricing and negotiate entitlement/value based pricing for the products being sold.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with regulatory and commercial governmental entities and partners and customers.
- A resilient, tenacious and creative ability to overcome roadblocks and solving problems as they arise.
- Previous work experience with international or multi-national companies in India would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and rapidly changing business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate crisply, enthusiastically, frequently and effectively.
EducationTeam player who removes barriers to working with others.An undergraduate degree in a business or engineering discipline is required.Position Requirements
- Ability to take direction, identifies problems, develop solutions, conduct analysis in collaboration with others
- High level of detail orientation and good analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and projects
- Exposure to or experience with a high energy, fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to organize, filter, and report information in a concise and accurate fashion.
- Should be able to work in a team
- Fluent English
- Excellent skills in Salesforce, MS –Office, esp. MS-Excel
Language Requirements English (Required)
Experience Project and Business Analytics and Structuring
Education Bachelor of Business Administration (Required)
- Renewables & Environment
- Business Development