Required Project Engineer – Wind Turbine Testing- Power Curve Measurements in UL India Private Limited
1 – 5 yrs Bengaluru
JOB TITLE: PROJECT ENGINEER – Wind Turbine Testing – Power Curve Measurements
KEY JOB FUNCTION:
- Working under the supervision of the global team and support the measurements and testing projects in India and globally. He/she will essentially do organization, test set up installations / operation / maintenance / data evaluation / analysis and reporting of power curve measurements on wind turbines in India and abroad.
- Further, the engineer will be responsible for Business Development, administration requirements relating to measurements, independent execution and timely completion of projects by analyzing project scope and determining project specifications, coordinating with clients during the course of the project,
- Working closely with the Segment leader and Global team, the Project Engineer will be responsible for Project execution, Customer management and expanding UL DEWIs Testing services in India.
- Key responsibilities are,
- Project management for the power curve measurements and Type Testing of wind turbines in India and abroad
- Power curve measurement system installation and performing measurements according to IEC 61400-12-x standards
- Data Analysis and Report preparation according to IEC 61400-12-x and other international/national standards
- Co-ordination with third parties/vendors for the hardware preparation and other onsite measurement preparation works.
- Manage the local workshop including handling of measurement sensors and its calibration
- Capable of working at heights (Wind Turbine tower/met-mast)
- Participation in an internationally operating team and providing required support in day to day activities
- Communication with business partners in India and abroad
- Masters/Bachelors degree in Electrical/ Electronics / Mechanical/ Instrumentation Engineering, Physics/Metrology or any equivalent field
- Minimum 2-7 years of relevant experience in the field of Wind Energy or Meteorological Measurement Technology
- Good knowledge of instrumentation, Data preparation and data analysis, reporting
- knowledge in statistical analysis and visualization of data
- Willingness to travel (within India and outside the country)
- Willingness and capable of undertaking physically stressful work such as climbing wind turbine /Met-mast etc.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to work at site for longer measurement periods
- Good communication skills (English speaking and writing)
- Programming skills in a procedural language (For example Programming language R)
- Customer focus, commitment and independent work
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to work in a fast paced consultancy environment
- Ability and willingness to develop and expand business
- Experience in the continuous development of work processes (Lean Six Sigma)
Salary: INR Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Desired Candidate Profile
- Please refer to the Job description above
UL India Private Limited
We maintain the same exacting approach and quality orientation in our professional recruitment, handling each candidate with care and respect. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity and fair employment practices. Make a difference by working at UL, a company that makes the world safer each and every day we operate.
Recruiter Name:Shilpa Ninan
Contact Company:UL India Private Limited