Job Description: Solar Services Sales Manager – Country/Area
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€27 billion in FY2015, our 160,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Schneider Electric’s capabilities in the solar market segment include complete electrical systems and power conversion solutions along with the intelligent controls needed for the most competitive smart grid integration, and lifecycle Operation and Maintenance services. Services are a key differentiator and growth avenue for Schneider Electric solar solutions.
The Solar Services Sales Manager will be part of the Country front office team, and responsible for service related activities, from quotation to orders and transfer into execution.
The Solar Services Sales Manager is working with the Solar Key Account Managers, and is responsible for the sales of solar services to customers in Country/Area, for their PV projects.
a) Services Selling, in close cooperation with the KAM:
– Understand customer O&M schemes and service expectations, and demonstrate the value of Schneider proposition
– Promote reference service offers, and adapt them to elaborate a solution in line with customer expectations, while re-using to save time, optimize costs and reduce risks
– Prepare service pricing and customer offerings
– Negotiate contracts while managing risks and ensuring long term profitability
– Identify add-on services opportunities on existing customer base
b) Services Marketing, in close cooperation with Service Global Marketing and Execution Centers
– Interact with solar marketing and local execution teams to understand/adapt reference architecture to customer needs, and validate related prices
– Benchmark competitors services package and pricing, identify and share trends in customer expectations
– Contribute to development of services offer configuration / pricing tools
c) Services Execution, in close cooperation with Execution Centers
– Transfer deals and signed contracts to execution centres
– Value Services execution results to customers
– Follow up contracts and ensure contracts renewal/adaptations leveraging results and benchmarks
a) Business indicators (Order Intake, Sales, Profitability)
b) Attach rate of service contracts
c) Customer satisfaction
a) Experience in Services, good knowledge of customer vocabulary, pain-points, expectations and deliverables
b) Ability to influence and convince
c) Communication skills and networking capabilities (internal & external)
d) Engineering Degree aligned with industry – Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics & software
e) Fluent English and Country language
The Services Sales Manager reports to the area manager for Country.
Job location: TBD
Frequent local/regional travel, occasional international travels.