SWELECT Energy Systems Ltd (a leading Manufacturer of Solar PV Modules & Integrator of High Quality Solar PV Power Systems) has successfully built and commissioned India’s largest Floating Solar Energy plant in Kayankulam, Kerala for NTPC. The plant was commissioned in a short span of 22 days. Floating Solar PV Power plants harness the sun power with better efficiency without consuming the land area compared to a regular ground mounted SPV System. To reduce the cost of the system, a collaborative indigenous floater development project has been taken up by NETRA with Central Institute for Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET), Chennai.NETRA, NTPC and SWELECT Energy Systems Ltd worked jointly in this program.
• Indigenously developed floaters
• Cost effective (compared to commercially available floating PV system)
• India’s Largest installation of its kind at NTPC
• A good display of Make in India initiative
• No land required (no land cost/availability/acquisition issues/no uprooting of trees)
• Reduction of evaporation of water and algae growth in water bodies
• Expected increased generation because of cooling effect on PV panels(water is at cool temperature when the atmospheric air is hot – per day generating around 5.7 kWh / kWp)
• Reduced installation time when compared to land
• PV modules stay free from dust to large extent – resulting in low maintenance on cleaning.
Details of Floating Solar PV system
The Floating PV system consists of a Floater Platform & components of PV System.
• Make : SWELECT – HHV Solar, 72 cells poly C-Si, each of 315 Wp
• Quantity : Total 324 No’s, 102.6 kWp DC Capacity
• Efficiency : >16.3%
SWELECT Energy Systems Limited (formerly known as Numeric Power Systems Limited) is one of the leading Solar Power Systems Company with a strong presence in global energy market for over 30 years. SWELECT’s core strength lies in technical expertise which is strongly backed with state of art manufacturing facilities for Solar PV Modules, Solar PCUs, structural and electrical Balance of Systems (BOS) and Network of Project offices.
With more than 30 years of field experience and with a team of experts in Power Electronics, SWELECT, always stays close to its customers and caters to their Energy needs through continuous technological innovation, rich expertise and customer centric approach. SWELECT has the ability to implement solar power projects in small as well as large scales with utmost understanding of customer requirements and customized solutions. SWELECT has installed over 2000 Roof Top Installations and over 65 MW of Utility scale SPV Projects and growing in the Renewable Energy space rapidly.