Ethiopian Electric Power (EEP) has announced the list of pre-qualified bidders for the country’s Scaling Solar tender.
In total, 28 developers submitted their applications, a new record under the Scaling Solar program. Of those, 12 have been pre-qualified to submit a proposal in the bidding process:
- Access | Total Eren Consortium
- Acciona | Swicorp Consortium
- Actis | Mulilo Consortium
- Acwa Power
- Al-Nowais | Aldwych | Alten Consortium
- EDF | Masdar Consortium
- Enel Green Power
- FRV | Globeleq | Belayab Consortium
- KoSPCo | KEPCO Consortium
- Nareva | Adani Consortium
- Scatec Solar
The above developers will receive a formal invite to access the project’s data room to submit their final proposal for the two solar photovoltaic projects, each with a capacity of up to 125MWac. The winning bidders will be selected primarily on the basis of the lowest proposed tariff.
The Ethiopian tender represents the fifth Scaling Solar tender in Africa to date, with two rounds initiated in Zambia, one in Senegal and one in Madagascar.