– India is self-sufficient in terms of manufacturing equipment for hydro power plants.
– States to accept more RE more banking, waiver of InSTS and more hybrid plants.
– Railways will be electrified in next 3 and half years.
– In next 9 years, railways will be powered 100% through clean energy.
– Railways will issue tenders for aggregate of 20 GW by 2030.
– It will be mandatory for participants in these 20 GW tender to have RE products manufactured in India.
– From 01.08.20, 20% BCD on cells and modules.
– 100% FDI allowed through automatic route in RE manufacturing.
– ISTS charges waived off till 31.12.22
– PM KUSUM scheme will also increase demand for solar manufacturing
– States need to give policy commitment (Must respect the sanctity of a contract)
– It is high time to phase out conventional power plants whose life has been more than 25 years.
– Aatmanirbhar Bharat is not different than ‘Select USA’ or ‘European Union’. It is only increasing the quality standards.
– MSMEs contribute to 30% of growth.
– 22 green highways coming up connecting ports and railways.
– LNG and CNG stations will be set up on highways
– Need to convert Diesel trucks to LNG trucks for cheaper transportation (CAPEX of 8 to 10 lakh Rs per truck)
– New transparent agency for credit rating of MSMEs.
– Need to allocate capital from banks and NBFCs to MSMEs.
– Prakash Javdekar (Environment minister) is doing a good job. The draft environment policy promotes faster environment and forest clearance, wherein a company will have to give commitment that it will not exceed the pollution norms to avail clearance. If it violates those norms post clearance, it will be penalized heavily.