The Wind Turbine Control hardware engineer is will be responsible for the wind turbine controls hardware architecture. This includes the wind turbine and wind plant controller, the I/O hardware, turbine and plant sensors and the communication devices. You will own controls hardware components and support them through the whole product lifecycle. You will also lead the design of SCADA (Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition) and other plant-level controls and communication cabinets. You will work with and be part of a talented team of design engineers.
As the Wind Turbine Control hardware design engineer, you will:
- Be responsible for technical design of wind turbine controls hardware, including controller I/O, communication hardware and sensors (temperature, proximity, vibration, etc.) adhering to Renewable Energy Engineering design processes and support of those components through their lifetime
- Be responsible for technical design, fulfillment and sustaining efforts for plant-level controls and communications cabinets (SCADA, met mast, condition monitoring, WindCONTROL)
- Define specifications and requirements for sensors and communication systems and cabinets
- Provide definition to and support the software and segment teams
- Be responsible for continuous development of proper engineering documentation, including bills of material, drawings, specifications, manufacturing & field instructions, guidelines, etc.
- Evaluate, select, and apply appropriate technology and components
- Define test and validation requirements. Support and execute lab testing
- Work with suppliers and site teams on component root cause analysis. Lead turbine retrofits and upgrades for wind turbines
- Work with a cross-functional team to ensure high quality and timely delivery of engineering assignments.
The Electrical System and Technology team is responsible for common electrical systems across the segments, new electrical systems technology, and farm level electrical & balance of plant optimization. In this role, you will be responsible for the wind turbine and wind plant controller, I/O hardware, sensors and communication devices.
Salary:Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Oil and Gas / Energy / Power / Infrastructure
Functional Area:Engineering Design , R&D
Role Category:Engineering Design
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
design engineeringrenewable energyelectrical engineeringtechnical designcondition monitoringlab testingproduct life cycleroot cause analysiswind turbines designCANTCP
Desired Candidate Profile
- Related Engineering Degree
- 2 years experience in electrical, electronic, controls or power systems design
- Availability to travel 15% of the time
- Experience with industrial automation and communication protocols such as profibus, profinet, CAN, TCP/IP etc.
- Experience in wind turbines design, specifically in control hardware and software
- Experience with technical drawings, documentation and BOM structure.
- Lab testing and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with GEs tools and systems of record.
- Experience with design for six-sigma, design for reliability, design for manufacturability and design to cost
- Strong communications skills.
UG:B.Tech/B.E. – Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate – Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
GE India Industrial Private Ltd.
Contact Company:GE India Industrial Private Ltd-