EQ In Exclusive Conversation With Mr. Arun Chaudhary – Sales Head – MEA & India – Sineng Electric Co., Ltd.
1. What’s your target or anticipated business for this FY for India?
In 2023, Sineng Electric envisions a dynamic landscape in the Indian energy market, where we have seen a wealth of opportunities for our company to thrive and excel.
We have been proactive in enhancing our services and ensuring that our clients have access to cutting-edge technology. It has been made possible through strategic collaborations with industry-leading EPCs, developers, and other stakeholders in the solar energy sector. The year commenced on an exceptionally positive note, many projects have concurrently picked up speed at the beginning of the year, and commissioning is already underway for many projects.
Furthermore, our efforts have borne fruit with the signing of contracts for gigawatts of projects. The momentum in order is expected to continue steadily throughout Q4 of 2023. We not only focus on the utility-scale market but also see vast potential in the C&I, residential, and energy storage segments, which have shown significant promise.
2. How much business have you done last financial year in India?
For Sineng Electric, we have witnessed an exponential increment in PV inverter and PCS sales during the last financial year. Notwithstanding certain challenges, such as high raw material prices and shortage of key components, we have successfully managed to deliver the products on time thanks to our well-organized supply chain management.
As a leading supplier of PV and energy storage solutions, Sineng has consistently dedicated to innovation, driving company’s rapid growth. At Sineng Electric, we have always prioritized quality and customer service, continuously optimizing energy solutions to meet higher standards. Thanks to these ongoing efforts, the year 2022 proved to be highly lucrative, as Sineng Electric proudly ranked Top1central inverter supplier in India for 2 consecutive years.
3. What are your current product / technology / service offerings?
With over a decade of track record in the solar industry, Sineng Electric offers an array of products, including PV inverters, energy storage inverters, and power quality products, catering to customers’ diverse needs.
In the realm of solar inverters, our comprehensive product lineup ranges from 3kW to 4.4MW, applicable to residential, commercial, and utility-scale projects.
- In the utility-scale string inverter category, we proudly introduce the 275kW inverter, which is designed to be compatible with high-power modules of 182mm and 210mm wafers, with a maximum string current of 20A. Based on the same technology, 350kW string inverter has been developed and it has been adopted in the Chinese domestic market extensively.
- Among the central inverter product series, our flagship offering is the 3.125MW PV solution featuring dual MPPT, which has witnessed GWs of installations worldwide. In response to market demands, we also introduced a 3.3MW solution in 2021, and further expanded our portfolio with the launch of a groundbreaking 4.4MW solution, redefining the benchmark in the central inverter solution segment.
- In the C&I sector, Sineng supplies25(X)-125kW string inverters. With high string current, built-in AFCI, string current detection, and handle design, the products have gained widespread popularity in the Indian market, thanks to their outstanding performance and user-friendly operation.
- Regarding the residential market, we provide 3kW-25kW solar inverters, featuring fanless design, natural cooling and supporting a 1.5 DC/AC ratio. Our inverters stand out with their superior efficiency, unparalleled reliability and utmost safety, making them the ideal choice for homeowners seeking sustainable and hassle-free energy solutions.
4. What are the product launch plans for this year?
As a customer-centric vendor, there is a zeal in us to make service and products better. Over the years, Sineng has kept investing in research and development, striving to improve the products in terms of efficiency, modularity, diversified capacity, etc. Keeping current market requirements in mind, Sineng looks forward to launching the following products:
- EP-4400-HB-UD: As expected, 4.4MW central inverter solution will be launched in quarter four of 2023 for the international market. This solution has 4 MPPTs, each 1.1MW has one MPPT, overload capacity is 120%. Optimized cooling system and better thermal management has been equipped to improve the utilization of semiconductor device. One module can be tagged out of operation without affecting other healthy modules, this is how the availability of inverter has increased.
- SP-350K-INH: Sineng also will launch the 350kW string inverter in quarter four as well. With maximum efficiency of 99.0% and 12 MPPTs, the product has been regarded as the preferred choice for utility-scale applications. Engineered with IP66 protection, the string inverter ensures reliable performance in harsh environments, including deserts, mountains, and adverse weather conditions. The SP-350K-INH, with the MPPT current of 45A, offers seamless compatibility with high-power modules and provides cost-saving advantages.
5. As Sineng has planned to expand its annual production capacity of PCS and BESS, what are your views on the energy storage market?
To expand our annual production capacity of PCS and BESS underscores our unwavering confidence in the energy storage market. According to S&P Global, the period from 2022 to 2030 is expected to witness the installation of a staggering 12.1 GW and 30 GWh of energy storage in Indian market, marking a substantial upswing in prospects. By 2025, the market is projected to experience exponential growth, with nearly 8 GWh in annual installations, and we wholeheartedly believe in its boundless potential.
In residential energy storage projects, ESS serves as the whole home backup, cutting electricity expenses, optimizing self-consumption, and diminishing reliance on the grid. For C&I applications, energy storage systems emerge as powerful tools for reducing peak demand charges, providing grid support services such as frequency regulation, and ensuring uninterrupted power supply. When it comes to utility-scale power stations, energy storage plays a pivotal role in guaranteeing grid stability, enhancing resilience, and enabling peak shaving. As the industry places greater emphasis on the significance of solar-plus-storage solutions, we envision a bright and promising future ahead. Our investment in expanding production capacity exemplifies our steadfast commitment to meeting surging demand and contributing to a more sustainable energy landscape.