EQ In Exclusive Conversation With Mr. Vikas Jain , Managing Director – Insolation Energy Pvt. Ltd.
- How much modules have you supplied to India till now, what is the target/expectation in 2020-2021?
Ans. We have supplied around 150MW so far in India and Projections for 20-21 are quite good, Keeping in mind the expansion plans we have in recent months. We are now supplying around 10MWPer Month.
- Please tell us your views about the Proposed SGD / BCD in India?
Ans. BCD to the extent of 40% is long awaited any figure below that won’t help still India Meets 80% of its Solar Demand from china if we have to be self reliant in Solar equipment then BCD is must.
- Please tell us your views about the ALMM, BIS and other non-tariff barriers?
Ans. BIS is already delayed it should had been much before but doing changes in standard too frequently will create confusion and Government should put a cap on Testing fee which is just too much.
- Upcoming & Trending Opportunities with Bifacial , PERC, Wind-Solar Hybrid, Floating Solar etc….
Ans. High watt Module are trending now Indian manufacturers have to gear up themselves for the changing Technologies worldwide.
- Kindly enlighten our readers on the performance of your modules in India in various geographic locations, customer feedback,.
Ans. We enjoy a large base of repeat customers and had installation all over India in all Geographic locations. We have received excellent feedback on the Generation.
- What are the Module Price Guideline on module prices for next Q4-2020 and 2021?
Ans. Module Prices will bear a upward trend due to Robust Demand, SGD and increased cost of Raw materials.
- Please describe in brief about your company, directors, promoters, investors, its vision & mission?
Ans. Insolation Energy, a state of the art manufacturing facility specializing in high efficiency PV Module located in Jaipur. We aim to be a 500cr company within 5years . Insolation Energy has been formed by the combined efforts of senior Industrialists Mr. Manish Gupta and Mr. Vikas Jain both the promoters are qualified engineers having experience in various streams for more than 20 years.
- What is the size of your company in terms of manufacturing capacities, growth chart, future expansion plans, revenues, shipments, ASP’s, financial figures,
Ans. We have already doubled our manufacturing capacity this year we plan to new machinery for 200MW by next fiscal capable of manufacturing MBB high wattage Panels, Bifacials and twin Peak.
- What are your plans for India, your view on the GOI target of 100GW Solar Power by 2022 ?
Ans. We are a MSME unit and feel proud to be a Part of GOI solarising India mission and wish to supply latest technology panels to our Indian Developers.
- What are your plans for Manufacturing set up in India, the opportunities and challenges in manufacturing in India?
Ans. We are already under expansion and shall double our capacity by 2021 and a state of art new Module line is Planned for next year. Non- Availablity of all raw materials locally is the biggest challenge and the cheap imports.
- Solar Trade Wars :What is Your View ?
Ans. There is a trade war going on between domestic and imported modules and a conflict within between SEZ suppliers and DTA suppliers as SEZ suppliers are not paying duty on raw material though finished goods are supplied within the country. Other Industry is demanding a level playing field.
- What are the top 5 markets for your company in the past, present and future?
Ans. We are already exploring export opportunities and are in touch with few overseas clients for this. As of now we are focusing on the Domestic Market after capacity expansion, We are planning to enter into mid east Asia , Africa & selected European countries.
- Technology road map in terms of 1500V , Double Glass, BiFacial Cells, PERC/PERT Technologies, HIT/HJT, IBC upcoming game changes technologies
Ans. 1500V Double Glass and PERC we are already doing. There is technology upgradation in solar manufacturing very fast we intend to make all these latest technology modules in our new plant.
- Explain various guarantees, warrantees, insurance, certifications, test results, performance report of your modules?
Ans. 25years Performance warranty is a standard feature of solar Panel. There is lot of Expanse which has be incurred every year by Panel Manufacturers on certifications and testing Govt. should do something to regulate these charges.
- Describe Some of the salient features of modules ?
- Positive Power Tolerance up to 3Wp to reduce current mismatch loss in single string for ensuring better ROI
- 5 BB high efficiency cell with Improved Module Efficiency.
- 100% EL tested Pre & post Lamination ,Higher reliability
- PID Resistant
- Excellent energy generation in weak light
- Highest Area efficiency in its Class
- Unique Frame design with high mechanical strength
- Compact Design ,efficient shipping ,easy handling
- More than 30 In-House testing for better Quality product.
- ISO 9001 : 2015 & ISO 14001 : 2015
- IEC 61215:2015 -2nd Edition
- IEC 61730-Ed.1 and IEC 61730-Ed.2
- IEC : 61701
- PID Testing IEC TS 62804-1
- MNRE Approved
- Kindly highlight your product, technology & company USP’s, distinctive advantages etc…
Ans. Insolation energy is having fully automatic& state of the art manufacturing unit spread in more than 65000 Sq. ft area with sophisticated machinery which delivers A-grade quality solar PV module that follows all the standard of IEC, MNRE, CE,ISO etc. We promote our products with the brand name “INA”.
- Fully automatic line with least manual intervention and continuous automatic process
- Pre & Post Inline EL Tester
- Automatic Framing Machine for seamless framing
- AAA class inline Sun Simulator
- The quality system is followed in 4 sections in Insolation energy, what is it?
Ans. The quality system is followed in 4 sections in Insolation energy:
- Incoming Quality Inspection (IQC)
- In process Quality Inspection (IPQC)
- Final Quality Inspection (FQA)
- Machine Validation INCOMING QUALITY INSPECTION
We shall strive to enhance effectiveness of Quality Management System Through continuous improvement of our processes.
- As per the rapidly changing technology, how do you ensure the technological upgradation of your products, machinery as well as staff? Do you see the Indian market shifting from poly to mono modules in a big way in 2020?
Ans. We are upgrading & incorporating new equipments for technology upgradation .We have one of the best testing equipments for quality assurance and product upgradation. Along with this we regularly organize the Product and process Training for our staff by internal and external agencies . As with international trends the Indian market is also seeing a trend shift from poly to mono perc modules.