* France installed 246 megawatts (MW) of solar generation capacity in first three months of 2018, compared with 86 MW in the first quarter of 2017, the energy ministry reported on Friday.
* Installed solar power capacity in France was at 8.3 gigawatts (GW) at the end of March.
* Total solar projects in the pipeline rose by 11 percent from the same period last year to 3.1 GW.
* France connected 153 MW of wind power capacity to the grid during the quarter, lifting installed wind generation capacity to 13.6 GW at the end of March.
* The energy ministry said that 11.3 GW of wind power capacity was in the project pipeline at March 31.