- The Q.PEAK DUO-G5 convinces the Intersolar Award Jury regarding the all-round performance quality of its 120 monocrystalline Q.ANTUM half-cells
- Q.ANTUM DUO Technology with half-cut cells, as well as a six bus bar design and novel interconnection technology based on round wires delivers a module power increase of around 5.5%, setting the standard in power, energy yield and LCOE
- Hanwha Q CELLS CTO Dr. Daniel JW Jeong stated: “The power increase and improved shading response of the Q.PEAK DUO-G5 ensures the module stands out in an increasingly competitive field. The Q.PEAK DUO-G5 solar module series is now available for customers in Europe and various international markets.”
MUNICH, June 22, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd. (“Hanwha Q CELLS” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: HQCL), has secured another achievement in the Intersolar Award 2018 Photovoltaics category with its Q.PEAK DUO-G5 solar module. Having triumphed in 2017 with Hanwha Q CELLS’ innovative Q.PEAK RSF L-G4.2 steel frame module, the Company saw the 120 half-cell, six bus bar monocrystalline module selected by the independent Intersolar Award Jury as one of the most innovative out of ten entries shortlisted from 51 total applications.
After Hanwha Q CELLS received the award, the company’s Global CTO, Dr. Daniel JW Jeong, said, “We are once again extremely pleased with the decision of the Intersolar Award Jury. Our Q.PEAK DUO-G5 module combines a number of innovations on different levels with our high performance cell technology Q.ANTUM DUO. The durability, power increase and improved shading response performance of the module ensure that the module stands out in an increasingly competitive field. The Q.PEAK DUO-G5 solar module series is now available for customers in Europe and various international markets.”
Q.PEAK DUO-G5: PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES OF HALF-CELL TECHNOLOGY
Q.PEAK DUO-G5 is a monocrystalline 120 half-cell solar module. Based on Q.ANTUM DUO Technology, it combines the following innovations to reach the lowest LCOE:
- Six bus bar design
- 2 x 6-inch half cells with six bus bars in parallel produce up to 3.5% power gain versus a typical full cell, four bus bar module
- Six bus bars in combination with half-cell technology help to lower resistive losses
- Round wire interconnection
- Use of round wires instead of flat ribbons for cell interconnection reduces the effective shading on the solar cells significantly
- Benefits result in a power gain of an additional 2.0%
- Improved performance and durability of half cells
- Cell interconnection with independent upper and lower module halves connected in parallel ensures an improved shading response, resulting in higher yields when the module is partially shaded
- Half-cut cells are subjected to vastly reduced mechanical stress, resulting in fewer cracks
- Halving the cell also halves the current, which lowers resistive losses in each cell and results in a 3.0% power gain against typical full cells’ interconnection
- Q CELLS‘ proprietary Q.ANTUM cell technology
- Rear side passivated monocrystalline solar cells for power classes up to 330 Wp
- High power density leads to low BoS costs
- Q CELLS Yield Security: Anti LeTID, Anti-LID, Anti-PID, Hot-Spot Protect, Tra.Q
About Hanwha Q CELLS
Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: HQCL) is one of the world´s largest and most recognized photovoltaic manufacturers for its high-performance, high-quality solar cells and modules. It is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea(Global Executive HQ) and Thalheim, Germany (Technology & Innovation HQ) with its diverse international manufacturing facilities in Malaysia and China. Hanwha Q CELLS offers the full spectrum of photovoltaic products, applications and solutions, from modules to kits to systems to large-scale solar power plants. Through its growing global business network spanning Europe, North America, Asia, South America, Africa and the Middle East, the company provides excellent services and long-term partnership to its customers in the utility, commercial, government and residential markets. Hanwha Q CELLS is a flagship company of Hanwha Group, a FORTUNE Global 500 firm and a Top 10 business enterprise in South Korea. For more information, visit: http://www.hanwha-qcells.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements constitute “forward-looking” statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as “will,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “future,” “intends,” “plans,” “believes,” “estimates” and similar statements. Among other things, the quotations from management in this press release and the Hanwha Q CELLS’ operations and business outlook, contain forward-looking statements. Such statements involve certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Further information regarding these and other risks is included in Hanwha Q CELLS filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its annual report on Form 20-F. Except as required by law, Hanwha Q CELLS does not undertake any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.