1. Home
  2. Business
  3. &
  4. Finance
  5. Karnataka: DPR for Raichur airport, new green energy policy approved – EQ Mag Pro
Karnataka: DPR for Raichur airport, new green energy policy approved – EQ Mag Pro

Karnataka: DPR for Raichur airport, new green energy policy approved – EQ Mag Pro

0
0

BENGALURU : The state cabinet on Wednesday approved the detailed project report for the Raichur domestic airport which will be built at a cost of Rs 185 crore. The cabinet cleared the DPR prepared by Rites India Ltd.

Chief minister Basavaraj Bommai had proposed the new airport in the 2022-23 budget presented earlier this month. The government also decided to release 114 prisoners undergoing life sentences in various jails on the basis of good conduct.

The cabinet extended the tenure of the special investigation team attached with the Lokayukta by one year.

The SIT is probing illegal mining cases highlighted by the Lokayukta report in 2010. The cabinet also gave its approval for setting up a centre of excellence in smart agriculture at the premises of agricultural university, Dharwad at a cost of Rs 51 crore. The Centre will provide 60% of funds while the state will provide the remaining 40%. It is expected that the centre will have 5,000 students.

The government approved the new renewable energy policy 2022-27 which seeks to provide various incentives to encourage investors in this sector. The policy will set a target of generating 10 GW by way of renewable energy, with additional emphasis on solar and wind power industrial parks.

The cabinet also approved a Rs 55 crore project for Bengaluru Nrupathunga university infrastructure.

Source: PTI
Anand Gupta Editor - EQ Int'l Media Network