Littelfuse Launches Energy Storage Rack (ESR) Series of Battery Protection Fuses – EQ Mag Pro
ESR fuses safely interrupt faults to help prevent catastrophic failures and costly shutdowns
CHICAGO : Littelfuse, Inc. (NASDAQ: LFUS), an industrial technology manufacturing company empowering a sustainable, connected, and safer world, has launched its Energy Storage Rack (ESR) series of fuses designed specifically to protect battery racks from a range of fault currents to help prevent equipment damage and expensive system failures.
The 1500V direct current (DC) high-speed square body fuse is extremely fast-acting to respond quickly, safeguarding the battery module or other devices in energy storage, power conversion, and DC common bus systems as well as hybrid photovoltaic battery energy storage system (PV-BESS) inverters.
“The ESR is a Class aBat partial range fuse with superior short circuit protection and a low minimum breaking capacity—from 300% or three times the fuse rated current to a maximum DC fault current of 250 kA,” stated Sakthidharan Krishnamoorthy, product manager, Littelfuse Industrial Business Unit. “With these features, the ESR fuse offers a wider range of DC over-current protection to battery-powered systems than other fuses. In addition, the high DC short circuit capabilities optimize space and deliver cost savings for energy storage system integrators.”
Specifically designed to safeguard evolving battery technologies with fuse circuit protection, the ESR series conforms to the IEC60269-7 battery standard. Other features include:
- High DC interrupting rating to provide superior short-circuit protection and the ability to scale-up systems, without the need to redesign the existing circuit protection, saving time and costs
- Low minimum breaking current which offers easy coordination with battery modules and reduces size rating requirements of DC contactors to optimize space and decrease expenses
- An extremely fast acting response to deliver high-speed performance
- Low watt loss to maximize efficiencies by preventing energy loss and minimizing the wasted power of components
- A compact NH 1XL size that requires less space and offers design flexibility
Littelfuse (NASDAQ: LFUS) is an industrial technology manufacturing company empowering a sustainable, connected, and safer world. Across more than 15 countries, and with 17,000 global associates, we partner with customers to design and deliver innovative, reliable solutions. Serving over 100,000 end customers, our products are found in a variety of industrial, transportation and electronics end markets – everywhere, every day.