DENVER — RGS Energy (NASDAQ:RGSE), America’s Original Solar Company since 1978, announced today the on-time launch of Solar 365™, its new mobile software and online dashboard suite, creating a better and more engaging customer experience every day of the year.
“We wanted to see if there was an innovative way we could use software to help us grow revenue,” said Dennis Lacey, RGS Energy’s CEO. “We specifically focused on elements of our revenue growth strategy which include: increasing conversion rates, reducing our cycle time, decreasing contract cancellations and more satisfied customers resulting in more referrals. Solar 365™ was designed to address each of these elements of the customer experience to drive revenue growth.”
The new mobile app and customer portal provides several highly useful features and benefits designed to support today’s busy consumer lifestyle:
- New and prospective customers can easily navigate Solar 365™ and conveniently access information and documents regarding their planned solar installation wherever and whenever it is convenient.
- Customers can access important updates, schedule appointments, and submit requests via a new real-time communication tool, with instant access to the right team member working on their project.
- After installation, customers can easily access and view their cost savings and production stats in kilowatts, as well as dollars earned if net metering.
- Users can track the various ways their new solar installation has lowered their environmental impact, and proudly share their stats with friends and family via email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Customers can earn up to $500 in bonus rewards for each successful referral. Customers can enter referral contact info, monitor progress and track their referral reward payouts.
- Making payments is now easier and more convenient.
According to Dan Coffey, RGS Energy’s IT director who led the development of Solar 365™: “This brings our customers, sales and construction teams all together in a more dynamic, fun and easier way to go solar. Solar 365™ was installed on time and as budgeted.”
RGS Energy also expects to realize a number of new key benefits from the Solar 365 platform:
- Raise awareness of RGS Energy’s industry-leading solar solutions and customer service through new social media channels.
- Increase conversion rates of prospective customers through more engaging communication and interactivity.
- Reduce solar installation cycle time by streamlining the scheduling process, and making the experience easier and more convenient for all.
- Reduce cancellations by keeping new customers better informed of the status and progress of their solar project.
- Boost sales by making customers referrals easier and more engaging, and encourage more referrals by allowing customers to track and share their cost savings, production and environmental impact stats with friends and family.
- Improve timeliness of customer payments as well as provide other new operating efficiencies for driving revenue growth while lowering costs.
Anyone can register today for a Solar 365™ account by visiting http://solar365.rgsenergy.com/ or via the free Solar 365™ app available today from Apple Store or Google Play.
About RGS Energy
RGS Energy (NASDAQ:RGSE) is America’s Original Solar Company providing solar, storage and energy services, whose mission is to provide clean energy savings. The company sells, designs, installs solar systems for residential homeowners and small business companies. The company is also the exclusive manufacturer of POWERHOUSE™, an innovative in-roof solar shingle using technology developed by The Dow Chemical Company.
For more information, visit RGSEnergy.com, RGSPOWERHOUSE.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/rgsenergy and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/rgsenergy. Information on such websites is not incorporated by reference into this press release.
RGS Energy is the company’s registered trade name. The company files periodic and other reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission under its official name “Real Goods Solar, Inc.”
Solar 365™ is a trademark of Real Goods Solar, Inc.
POWERHOUSE™ is a trademark of The Dow Chemical Company, used under license.
Forward-Looking Statements and Cautionary Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that involve risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding the RGS Energy’s strategy for revenue growth. Forward-looking statements are neither historical facts nor assurances of future performance. Instead, they provide our current beliefs, expectations, assumptions, forecasts, and hypothetical constructs about future events, and include statements regarding our future results of operations and financial position, business strategy, budgets, projected costs, plans and objectives of management for future operations. The words “expect,” “plan,” “future,” “may,” “will,” and similar expressions as they relate to us are intended to identify such forward-looking statements.
Forward-looking statements should not be read as a guarantee of future performance or results, and will not necessarily be accurate indications of the times at, or by, which such performance or results will be achieved, if at all. Forward looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual performance or results to differ materially from those expressed in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Therefore, RGS Energy cautions you against relying on any of these forward-looking statements.
Key risks and uncertainties that may cause a change in any forward-looking statement or that could cause our actual results and financial condition to differ materially from those indicated in the forward-looking statements include: RGS Energy’s ability to utilize the software to improve the lead-to-conversion rate installation cycle time, and to reduce contract cancellations; RGS Energy’s ability to use the software to grow its revenue ; and customer acceptance of, experience with and satisfaction with the new software.
You should read the section entitled “Risk Factors” in our 2016 Annual Report on Form 10-K, as amended, and in our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2017, which has been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which identify certain of these and additional risks and uncertainties. Any forward-looking statements made by us in this press release speak only as of the date of this press release. Factors or events that could cause our actual results to differ may emerge from time to time, and it is not possible for us to predict all of them. We do not undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as may be required by law.