Steps by Government for implementation and completion of projects under the DDUGJY scheme – EQ Mag Pro
Following steps were taken by Government for implementation of the projects and completion of projects:
- At Central level, an inter-ministerial Monitoring Committee on DDUGJY headed by the Secretary, Ministry of Power, Government of India monitored the implementation of the scheme.
- Besides, the progress is reviewed with States / Power Utilities in Review, Planning and Monitoring (RPM) meetings of Ministry of Power on a monthly basis.
- Time extension was granted as requested by the States to facilitate execution and completion of the scheme.
- At the State level, a Committee under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary monitored the progress to resolve issues relating to implementation. Further, the progress was reviewed on a monthly basis and on a fortnightly basis.
- Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) Limited, the nodal agency, monitored implementation of the scheme through its State Offices at the field level. The nodal agency also appointed third party M/s Ernst & Young LLP, New Delhi through e-tendering process for post implementation evaluation of DDUGJY for providing consulting services for evaluation of DDUGJY scheme.
- At District level, (DISHA) District Development Coordination & Monitoring Committee meetings (under the aegis of Ministry of Rural Development) headed by senior-most Hon’ble Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) of the district & other MPs of the district as co-chair with District Magistrate as Convener, review the progress.
This information was given by Shri R.K Singh Union Minister for Power and MNRE in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.