~ Innovative and efficient Module to increase output by 15Wp
~ Designed to minimize Shadow-loss through a series-parallel cell connection
India: Vikram Solar, the globally recognized leading solar energy solutions provider, is launching a new line of solar modules at Renewable Energy India Expo, Greater Noida. The new modules are based on the latest half-cell technology that increases module output by ~15 Wp per module compared to standard PV modules. The technology also boasts efficiency up of 19.56%.
The new high-density module technology is engineered to generate more power from advanced mono-PERC half-cells, thus achieving better Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE). The innovative design principle minimizes shadow-loss through a series-parallel cell connection, when one-half of the modules are affected by shading. The high efficiency half-cell modules are the perfect fit for all utility and rooftop projects.
On the occasion Mr. Ivan Saha, BU Head- Solar Manufacturing and CTO, Vikram Solar commented, “We are taking a big step by introducing advanced new High-Density Monocrystalline Modules using innovative Cell-Cleaving Technology. The design, superior price performance, increased shade tolerance and reduced power loss is expected to make a big splash in the market.”
Key highlights of the new Solar Module:
- The module consists of 144 and 120 half-cells instead of 72 and 60 full cells yet keeps nearly the same dimension as standard 72 and 60 cell modules
- Higher energy yield through lower cell resistance. Half-cell modules have a higher fill factor and higher efficiency
- The cells are cut with low temperature and lower kerf depth maximizing cell yield with no junction damage
- Module power mismatch loss is reduced by a factor of four as power loss is proportional to the square of the current
- No hotspot degradation on the modules
- The split junction box provides better heat dissipation improving the life of the module
About Vikram Solar: Vikram Solar Limited (formerly known as Vikram Solar Pvt. Ltd.) is a leading solar energy solutions provider, specializing in efficient PV module manufacturing and comprehensive EPC solutions. With international presence in 6 continents, the company is an active contributor in shaping the solar revolution across continents. Carrying forward the extensive manufacturing experience of the Vikram Group, Vikram Solar, since 2006, is building on a 4-decade-old success story. Vikram Solar’s annual PV Module production capacity stands at 1 GW. The company’s products are designed international standards of quality, reliability and performance. As a fully forward- integrated Solar EPC contractor, Vikram Solar deploys world- class technology to design, install and commission solar projects worldwide.