Delta Empowers the Low-carbon Economy with its Innovative and Diversified Energy-Saving Solutions Showcased at Hannover Messe 2016
Delta, a global leader in power and thermal management solutions, is showcasing, at Hannover Messe 2016, innovative technologies that fit the carbon reduction megatrend reaffirmed by the COP21 Paris Agreement, including integrated solutions for smart manufacturing, building automation, renewable energy, energy storage, and electric vehicle (EV) charging. Delta’s booth will offer live shows of the Integrated Factory Control Platform, a solution for smart manufacturing that enables “customer-centric” real-time remote management of manufacturing processes via the integration of Delta’s industrial Ethernet routers, PLCs, industrial PCs, SCADA systems and an internet cloud service, for enhanced productivity and flexibility.
“In line with the COP21 Paris Agreement, we continue developing technologies capable of empowering the low-carbon economy. From 2010 to 2015, Delta’s products and solutions helped customers save approximately 17.3B kWh in electricity and reduce carbon emissions by 9.2M tons. Delta’s building automation solutions are able to integrate with HVAC systems, lighting, and energy management tools to improve energy efficiency. With these technologies, Delta’s headquarters in the Americas is to become the 1st net-zero energy green building in Fremont, Ca., USA”, remarked Mr. Yancey Hai, Delta Electronics’ chairman.
“Our energy-saving solution portfolio keeps growing but is also expanding into areas with significant long-term potential. For example, the Hybrid E5 battery energy storage system maximizes the use of clean solar energy and our new EV charging solutions we have installed in Norway and other European countries support the growing EV sector. As for industrial automation in the EMEA region, we’ve built up to 9 branch offices with 64 partners from 55 countries, meaning aggressive expansion in the Middle East and Africa. This year at Hannover Messe, we showcase industrial robots with real application workstations, together with industrial Ethernet switches and cloud routers for building up intelligent factories”, said Mr. Jackie Chang, Delta EMEA’s president.
Key features of Delta’s broad spectrum of systems and integrated solutions displayed at Hannover Messe 2016 are:
- Industrial Automation Solutions: For customers seeking smart manufacturing technology with “customer-centric” logistics management, Delta’s Integrated Factory Control Platform is a valid option for enhanced productivity. Through the internet cloud service and the underlying system architecture that includes the SCADA system DIAView, the industrial energy management system DIAEnergie and the Industrial PC IPC Series, status of the manufacturing process is displayed and managed in real-time.
Delta is also improving the properties of its existing automation product portfolio to improve reliability and efficiency. For example, the new AS Series PLC offers a 32 bit SoC CPU to control up to 8 axes via CANopen motion network or up to 6 axes via pulse control (200kHz). The new compact AC Motor Drives MS300 and MH300 Series feature 40% size reduction and high performance for better installation flexibility and applicability. Other automation solutions include the multiple water pump control system, food packaging, energy saving for elevators and power quality.
- Building Automation Solutions: Centralized management and distributed control of a range of systems with different protocols performing building operations can be attained through Delta’s BMCS platform, an IP-based integrated and extensive platform, for higher efficiency. The Delta Energy Online web-based tool offers energy monitoring, visual analytics and advanced energy consumption diagnostics that help management realize strategic measures for energy conservation in buildings.
- Renewable Energy Solutions: Delta’s Hybrid E5 battery energy storage system can integrate Delta’s PV inverters, batteries, and an energy management system for increasing the use of clean solar energy. A series of renewable energy applications such as the wind power converters with leading energy efficiency of 98% are displayed in Delta’s booth as well. Delta’s PV inverter technology is a testament of its leadership in energy conversion efficiency with peak efficiency of up to 98.7%.
- Energy Storage Devices: Delta will present at Hannover Messe 2016 its new lithium-ion battery modules for a wide range of applications. The DBSHV50S high-voltage module, each with 2.59 kWh nominal energy, offers flexible configuration of systems from 48V to 900V and up to MWh-level capacity for peak shaving, time shifting and utility ancillary services in industrial and renewable energy storage applications. The DBS48V50P battery module supports energy storage in 48V applications, for example, residential, data centres, telecom sites, and electric forklifts.
- EV Charging Solutions: Delta is launching two new EV chargers at Hannover Messe 2016. The first one is an innovative ultra-fast 150kW DC EV Charger capable of charging up to 4 cars simultaneously as it supports CCS-200A, CHAdeMO-125A, Type2-63A as well as Type2-32A standards, meaning practically all EVs. Also, with its newly-launched 25kW Wallbox DC Quick EV Charger, Delta aims to improve convenience to EV drivers and to system integrators. Beside its fast charging features (the 24kWh battery of a Nissan Leaf can be recharged from 0% to 80% in approx. 40 minutes), the system offers dual output as well as a pluggable modular power system architecture for a meaningful reduction in installation and maintenance costs. With its RFID and mobile app user access, this EV charger is ideal for various commercial applications like EV parking, fleet charging and also residential.