Local Unit & Position Description
Renewables Certification (RC) consists of a total of 210 people with locations in Hamburg, Copenhagen, Dresden, London, Shanghai, Beijing and Bangalore. RC has the global responsibility for Type Certification, Component Certification and Project Certification within DNV GL Energy. This includes CVA and verification activities resulting in a conformity statement or similar.
Due to current market opportunities and current work DNV GL Energy RC is looking for an experienced electrical Engineer who has experience from working in the renewables industry and has a wish to work with certification of Wind Turbines and solar energy systems in particular in India
In the role of the ” Engineer – Electrical systems ” you will have the following main areas of responsibility and tasks
- Responsible for the entire certification process according to national and international regulations for the renewable energy sector including customer service and project management
- Technical analysis as well as independent assessment of electrical components and devices according to applicable standards and regulations
- As part of an interdisciplinary team, review electrical installations in wind turbines for certification. The work will be performed in close cooperation with DNV GL Renewables Certification in Hamburg and Copenhagen
- Modeling and testing of all electrical parameters by using adequate Software (MATlab, DIGSilent or other)
- Certification of electrical components and devices in national or international energy supply grids
- Perform calculations and conduct conformity assessments according to applicable standards and regulations
- Be involved in various committees to develop certification standards and regulations
- Be responsible for BD, Marketing and Sales at Asian market regarding certification of independent verification
We seek a highly motivated candidate with the will and capability to contribute to the continued good performance of RC in general.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Several years of professional experiences with energy power plants or electrical grid
- Several years of professional experiences in designing or analysing electrical systems like generator, transformer, frequency converter, batteries, electrical schematics, lightening protection or substation in Wind Turbines or other renewable industries
- Advanced knowledge in national and international grid code compliance regulations
- Experience in inspections of electrical components like generator, transformer, frequency converter, lightening protection, switch boards or substation
- Profound knowledge in the field of generators, transformers, frequency converters and other electrical systems in wind turbine or other renewables industries
- Profound Knowledge in MS Office and MATlab as well as DigSILENT
- Very good English language skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Flexibility and engagement
- Commitment and reliability
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply for this job online.