UBM India, organisers of Renewable Energy India Expo (REI India) announced the second edition of RenewX, a two-day Renewable Energy trade expo on April 7 and 8 2017 at the Hitex, Hyderabad after the stupendous success of its first edition. Through RenewX 2017, UBM India will provide an industry platform for organizations to capitalize and penetrate into the lucrative south Indian renewable energy market. The expo will witness a congregation of South India’s green economy community to discuss industry trends, challenges and market insights including the Indian regulatory framework.
Bringing together manufacturers, EPCs, distributors and service providers, RenewX 2017 has over 130 participating exhibitors striving to make a difference in the renewable energy domain. These include Renewable Energy Corporation (India) Pvt Ltd., Cleantech Solar Energy , Amplus Energy Solutions Pvt Ltd. , Zhuhai Gmee Solar Equipment Co., Ltd. MachinePulse , Oriano Clean Energy Pvt. Ltd. Avi Solar Energy Pvt. Ltd, Brij Encapsulants, Phocos India Solar Pvt Ltd.; MECO Meters Pvt Ltd.; Vision Mechatronics Pvt. Ltd, Bergen Associates, Premier Solar Systems Pvt. Ltd, Premier Solar Powertech Pvt. Ltd, Archimedes Green Energys Pvt Ltd., Greenvision Technologies , Surana Solar Ltd.; Greentek India Pvt Ltd; Radite Energy; Solar Idea Pvt Ltd.; Nuevosol Energy Pvt. Ltd.; and RenewSys India Pvt Ltd., among others.
Of special interest this year is the China Pavilion being launched at RenewX for the first time. Chinese companies such as Sunworld Tech Corp, Ningbo Osda Solar Co., Ltd, Ningbo Aike Electronic Technology Co. Ltd., GuangZhou Mango Energy Technology Co. Ltd, Shanghai Minjian Alu Co. Ltd, Taizhou Hangning Refrigeration Equipment Co.Ltd, among others will provide immense value addition and intelligence sharing for visitors. A Telangana Pavilion has also been planned. RenewX 2017 is supported by central nodal agencies such as Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI), the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA), Telangana New & Renewable Energy Development Corporation Ltd (TNREDCL) and the National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC).
The announcement of the second edition of RenewX comes at a time when renewables continue to increasingly carve a bigger space in the country’s generation sphere, encouraged by government funding. Green power, for instance, is driving the growth in India’s electricity generation as the total installed solar capacity, including rooftop and off-grid projects, has crossed 10 gW, according to latest government and market data. On a pan Indian scale, while Tamil Nadu has the highest installed solar energy capacity, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana follow closely along with Rajasthan and Gujarat. The renewable energy sector has recently got a further impetus with the government announcing an ambitious scheme to double solar power generation capacity under the solar parks scheme to 40,000 mega watts (mW) by 2020, with Rs 8,100 Crores assistance to fund 30% of the initial project cost of developers. In 2017 itself, India is expected to add new solar capacity of 8-10 gW, a growth of 137% over last year, a recent report by Bridge To India, a green energy-focused consultant, indicated.
The expo will also hold a two day conference on “Sourcing the Sun” that will talk about integrating Renewables into business, and to find the best solutions and practices that can lead to increased integration of Clean Energy into businesses .
The topics for the sessions are:
– ‘Converting Curiosity into Demand’ — that will bring forth ideas and deliberate on ways in which to engage, incentivise and educate the customers so that they can integrate renewable in their businesses
– ‘International Perspective on the Indian Solar Rooftop Market’- A technical presentation that will provide residential / public / commercial sector analysis
– ‘Sunny Side Up’ – A platform where industry leaders will share their views on the most pressing issues in the Solar Rooftop sector and how to best market clean energy.
– A case study on Comparative Assessment of Net Metering Policies and Implementation with few real life examples
– ‘Today or Tomorrow’ – a unique Q & A session that discusses the financial implications of renewable energy projects and what are the most pressing issues in this area.
– ‘Third Party Financing: Game changer for achieving the Rooftop targets?’ – This session will talk about the three barriers to the growth of rooftop solar power in India : The high upfront costs of installation, low access to debt finance, and perceived performance risk.
– A technical presentation on ‘The importance of Solar Simulator Selection for Module Manufacturers’
– ‘Walking the double-edged word: Project Financing and Risk Management in the Indian Scenario’ a session that will talk about these two major challenges along with debt financing on the non-recourse basis, credit worthiness of the end consumer, the risk of technology obseletion and business continuity risk
– Apart from this the Sessions will also include Case Study Presentations and Technical Presentations to bring forth the experience from ground and discuss what are the most pertinent issues in technology.
Speaking on the announcement, Mr. Yogesh Mudras, Managing Director, UBM India said, “Providing energy security to all citizens, more specifically through clean energy sources has been one of the challenges our country is facing despite huge renewable resource availability and potential. The government’s ambitious target of adding 175 GW of renewable power in the country by 2022, has created awareness about renewable energy in the country and will offer massive investment opportunities across the value chain. Telangana, since its establishment has been playing an active role in aggressively supporting solar energy. Along with other states in South India that are also promoting renewable energy , the region holds promise for the sector with its profitable and favourable government and industrial policies. The sector in the region has also been benefitted by investments leading to launch of major projects. After our successful 1st edition in 2015, we are all set for the second edition of RenewX in Hyderabad that aims to accelerate the growth of Renewable Energy Industry in South India and contribute to the country’s sustainable economic development.”