3 – 5 yrs Bengaluru
The successful applicant will be responsible for technical due diligence work, including coordination of technical input and construction monitoring, and will support conclusion of projects.
- Developing and concluding proposals related to technical due diligence work.
- Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists.
- Performing technical review of turbines, due diligence reviews of wind farms, root cause analysis,
- Coordinating input from cross-functional global technical specialists and writing of the technical due diligence reports.
- Following up on open issues with the client, including coordinating input from internal technical specialists as necessary.
- Performing construction monitoring of wind farms, including inspection of wind turbines.
- Performing audits of wind turbine manufacturing facilities.
- Performing any other work that comes under Project Engineering.
Facts and figures
Responsible for providing specialised support in the field of mechanical engineering to PE team in India.
- More than 3 years of relevant work experience
- Degree in Mechanical engineering or technology preferably from reputed institutes like IIT or NIT.
- Expertise in wind turbines preferable.
- Good technical background, with knowledge in Solid Mechanics, Kinematics, Oil Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics.
- Good knowledge of Industrial Manufacturing process.
- Good English skills – written and spoken.
- IT knowledge (MS Office, MS Excel).
- Willingness to update one-self based on different job requirements.
- Willingness to work (and learn) in different aspects (apart from Mechanical Engineering) of PE.
- Capable of working independently and as part of an integrated team.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with Customers.
- Problem solving skills and ability to come up with out-of-box solutions.
- Self-initiated, passionate to take up technical challenges and explore new areas.
Key internal and external contacts
Head of Section- PE Regular reporting
PE Competency centre, Bristol, UK, Asia Pacific PE experts email, telephone or face-to-face on a regular basis
External organisations, (Customers, prospective Customers, agencies involved in wind energy email, telephone and occasionally face-to-face).
Salary: INR Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Oil and Gas / Energy / Power / Infrastructure
Functional Area:Site Engineering , Project Management
Role Category:Site Engineering
Desired Candidate Profile
- Please refer to the Job description above
UG:B.Tech/B.E. – Mechanical
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.