Central Electricity Authority (CEA) has reported that the total solar energy production in the year 2018-19 was 21.365 Billion Units (BUs), as on 31.10.2018.
The year-wise details of solar energy production since, 2015 are given as under: –
|S. No||Year||Generation from Solar Projects (BUs)|
|4.||2018-19||21.365 (as on 31.10.2018)|
Government have taken various steps to increase generation of renewable energy. These inter-alia, include the following:
- Announcement of a target of installing 175 GW of renewable energy capacity by March, 2022;
- Declaration of trajectory for Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) up to the year 2021-22;
- Fiscal and financial incentives such as Capital Subsidy, Viability gap funding (VGF), accelerated depreciation benefits etc;
- Permitting 100% Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) under the automatic route in renewable energy sector;
- Guidelines for procurement of solar and wind power through tariff based competitive bidding process;
- Waiving of Inter State Transmission System Charges and losses for inter-state sale of solar and wind power for projects to be commissioned up to March, 2022;
- Raising funds from bilateral and multilateral finance and development institutions;
- Implementation of Green Energy Corridor project to facilitate integration of large scale renewable generation capacity addition.
This was informed by Minister of State (I/C) for New and Renewable Energy and PowerShri R. K Singh in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.