Company Location -Bengaluru Area, India
Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Position Title: Business Development Manager
Department: Global Energy Business
Reports To: Director of Business Development
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of Business Development in India and Bangladesh. Will coordinate the legal and administrative processes necessary for the development of greenfield projects until they are ready to build. Will evaluate, negotiate and support the execution of project acquisitions. Once the projects are ready to build he will support the team in charge of selling the project to end buyers, under the coordination of the central team.
He will have experience on supervising technical, legal and financial advisors. Knowledge of the Energy and Solar regulation in India, and experience in Energy projects permitting. Familiarity with PV rights acquisitions, energy projects due diligence, and EPC and O&M contracts negotiation, experience liaising with local administration and government officials to develop PV opportunities and a good network of potential partners and advisors are a must.
- Overview the India solar energy market and keep up to date to market and regulatory developments
- Use its own contacts and develop working relationships with the relevant government bodies.
- Maintain good relationship with developers and other players in India.
- Coordinate and manage external suppliers to successfully implement the strategy with a goal to develop 500 MW over the next three years.
- Originate opportunities to build a pipeline of profitable projects.
- Prepare and present project memorandums to be submitted to Investment Committee in order to get the internal approval for the investments
- Support when needed the negotiation of projects acquisitions, EPC, O&M, and selling contracts to end buyers
- Support the preparation of progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and company policies.
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS in Engineering, Law or economics is required; a Master’s degree is preferred
- Ability to create and defend qualitative and quantitative analysis of investment opportunities
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience on energy project development in India
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability to explain complex technical topics and systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and Hindi.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients and other departments
- Understanding of energy systems, including the proper usage of basic components and conventional installation and interconnection methods.
- Experience working with an international organization strongly preferred.
The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at its own discretion.
Job posted by
Senior Recruiter at Canadian Solar, Inc.
Job Poster Location
San Francisco Bay Area
Renewables & Environment Construction
Sales Business Development