Do you have deep functional expertise in finance? Are you willing to build and expand financial operations from scratch? Are you looking for an opportunity to take ownership, drive results and make an impact?
Claro Energy provides leading solar-powered water pump solutions to meet irrigation and drinking needs across off-grid rural areas. Products include AC & DC solar pumps, surface and submersible pumps. To-date, installations spread across 14 states and Claro Energy has impacted over 1,00,000 people in India. They want you to be part of this impact story!
Claro Energy is a team of passionate individuals committed to providing electricity across rural India to facilitate easy access to irrigation and drinking water. The team are seeking to hire a dedicated Finance Manager to take their finance function to the next level. In this role you will be responsible for building and managing a range of critical financial process, and providing financial support across the organization.
You will join a young, entrepreneur and passionate team who are committed to providing affordable water solutions for farmers and rural communities across India. Claro Energy believes that India’s future is inherently linked to rural prosperity. Make your professional life mean more by joining a growing team with impact.
What’s on offer: A highly competitive salary up to 8L as well as a great opportunity to gain exposure to the rapidly growing field of clean-energy and work with a range of seasoned business leaders.
1. Functional knowledge of finance
a. Manage financial reporting and budgeting:
• Develop financial reports in accordance with relevant accounting standards and policies.
• Prepare annual budgets in consultation with the Director – Finance and various department heads
• Oversee book-keeping undertaken by the accountant team
b. Analyze cash flows:
• Manage and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
• Develop and maintain financial accounting systems and processes for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
c. Prepare financial strategy and forecasting:
• Review monthly expenditure for the company and implement monthly variance reporting
• Report on the financial activity of individual projects
• Prepare evaluation metrics (financial) for each project and ensure timely reporting upon completion of same
2. Analytical thinking:
• Use data to identify opportunities, evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues
• Create financial models to evaluate the viability of new projects
3. Stakeholder management:
• Manage multiple internal stakeholders to ensure financial budgeting and data collection, including senior employees and cross functional teams
• Manage multiple external stakeholders, including funders, investors, banking institutions to extend line of credit
4. Independent execution:
• Build the finance function from the ground, and execute projects independently in an unstructured environment
• Provide leadership for the finance function to create a strong and stable platform for organizational growth
Does this sound like you?
• 3+ years’ experience across finance functions
• Working knowledge of Indian accounting standards (GAAP)
• Experience in budgeting and planning
• Experience designing and implementing new financial systems and processes
• Experience with Tally Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and/or other financial systems and enterprise-level software accounting tools (e.g., SAP, PeopleSoft)
• Experience in fundraising and/ or acquiring line of credit
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce or Business Management/Administration preferred
• Qualified CAs preferred