Govt. implements various programs/schemes for promotion of grid interactive renewable energy
The Government is already implementing various programs/schemes for promotion of grid interactive renewable energy such as solar, wind, bio-power and small hydro power in the country. The details of major steps taken by the Government to attract investment in the renewable energy sector are as follows: –
- Waiver of Inter State Transmission System (ISTS) charges and losses for inter-state sale of solar and wind power for projects to be commissioned up to March, 2022.
- Permitting Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) up to 100 percent under the automatic route.
- Notification of standard bidding guidelines to enable distribution licensee to procure solar and wind power at competitive rates in cost effective manner.
- Declaration of trajectory for Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) up to the year 2022.
- Implementation of Green Energy Corridor project to facilitate grid integration of large scale renewable energy capacity addition.
The Government has set a target of installing 175000 MW of renewable energy capacity by the year 2022 which includes 100000 MW from solar, 60000 MW from wind, 10000 MW from bio-power and 5000 MW from small hydro power.
The details of generation of electricity through renewable sources of energy during the last three years are as follows: –
|Year||Generation in billion units (BU)|
|2018-19 (up to December, 2018)||97.92|
This was informed by Minister of State (I/C) for New and Renewable Energy and Power Shri R. K Singh in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.