- The VP of Commercial Sales will drive, manage, and execute the Companys commercial sales objectives. The ideal candidate will manage the current team of sales executives and continue to recruit, motivate, and manage world class sales candidates.
– Deliver and execute commercial project sales and acquisition strategy
– Identify optimal target customers (both public sector and private) by state and hire and manage sales team to hit regional sales targets
– Communicate and team with marketing and channel sales to build top of the funnel pipeline
– Manage interaction with cross functional teams such as sales, operations, finance, operations, legal, account management and other support functions to effectively close deals
– Hire and drive team to meet individual and company metrics, sales objectives, and profitability goals
– Develop new markets for business growth in collaboration with the Founding Team
– Ensure customer proposals, contracts, and pricing agreements are processed timely and professionally
– Manage and report on weekly, monthly and quarterly sales forecasts and bookings for regional commercial sales pipeline/activity.
– Ensure all team members have effective close-plans for all actively-managed deals (developing templates, tools and training where needed)
– Ensure the company maintains a positive customer experience throughout the sales process; continually improving the customer qualification process, meeting customer requirements and providing customer-focused solutions
– Seek out, activate and develop new sales opportunities in existing markets
– Identify new/alternate channels and customers that can benefit from NRGs suite of portable power offerings. This may include but is not limited to Universities, entertainment/bar venues, resorts/tourism, airports, and partner companies interested in adding solar and portable power services to their existing line of products.
– Assess and profile prospective partners to support both formulation and execution of strategic partnerships and orders.
– For each new opportunity, determine the revenue impact, generate finance models, identify new product requirements, create a competitive landscape, and formulate the overall engagement strategy.
– Minimum of five years of development management experience. Sales of technical, complex solutions a plus. Commercial Solar Energy Industry experience strongly preferred
– Strategic thinker with analytical mindset
– Strong creative, resourceful leader with strategic planning skills
– Confident personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in both verbal and in writing. Demonstrated abilities to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
– Excellent customer service skills required
– Ability to work well with a young Founding team
Salary:Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Internet / Ecommerce
Functional Area:Sales , Retail , Business Development
Role Category:Senior Management
Role:Head/VP/GM/National Manager -Sales
Employment Type:Permanent Job, Full Time
Channel SalesMarketingProject SalesRegional SalesCommercial SalesSales ProcessSales OperationsStrategic PlanningProfitabilityStrategic Partnerships
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:Any Graduate – Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate – Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Startup – 8minutes
8minutes was founded in 2015 to help accelerate India’s transition to clean energy. As India reached grid parity, we began our mission to make solar energy affordable and accessible to a billion people.
Today, 8minutes energy consumers produce their own energy from their very own roof, setting a paradigm shift in the manner in which energy has been produced for over a century. Every home that chooses to switch to clean solar energy, makes a commitment to move forward to a better world for generations to come.