Local Unit & Position DescriptionYou are required to
- Grow solar business in India
- Collaborate with other team in Asia pacific region and Worldwide and ensure smooth execution of projects
- Lead a team of very talented and inquisitive engineers
- Carry out and attain the mission and the goals of DNV GL
- Candidate will reports to Country Manager.
The individual responsibility will include the following
- Business development and Project management in solar services (project feasibility, energy assessment, preconstruction engineering, Owner’s engineering, Technology review, Asset management, Testing and Inspection, Energy storage etc.)
- Managing and leading the solar team for performance optimisation
- Liaise with industry suppliers, manage bidding processes and provide critical bid assessment
- Strategize to establish and maintain the solar business in India
- Coordinate with offices in Europe and APAC for the delivery of services and training of local team
- Maintain an environment oriented to trust and help team members reach their potential
- Support the continuous improvement of the methodology and documentation
- Participate in R&D projects as and when required.
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management
Internal & External contacts
- The individual will be in regular contact (phone/email/meetings) with the Client (Lenders and Owners) and Client’s project team as well as construction contractors, stakeholders and other third parties.
- The individual will be in regular contact with his/her own team, Line Manager and other Head of Sections.
- The individual will work closely with other engineers in their local offices, and will have contact with the wider DNV GL Engineers across the region.
Position QualificationsPosition Qualifications
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Engineering from reputed institutions.
- More than 12 years of significant practical relevant experience.
- Ability to check, guide and approve project reports
- Superior organization, coaching and interpersonal skills, combined with effective leadership, decision-making, and communication
- Ability to work in a pressurised consultancy environment – operating to tight timescales.
- Willingness to work on site.
- Adaptability, and able to cope with a wide variety of tasks.
- Good IT skills, and experience using MS Office suite packages
- Ideally experience in the technical consultancy for solar
- Capable of working as part of an integrated global team
- Vision to develop and expand business in India and Asia Pacific region as a whole
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Health and Safety training
Company & Business Area DescriptionDriven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
- Oil & Energy