5 GW Q.ANTUM SOLAR CELL TECHNOLOGY: HANWHA Q CELLS TO PRESENT Q.ANTUM PV SOLUTIONS AT INTERSOLAR EUROPE
Hanwha Q CELLS Co., Ltd., the world´s largest producer of in-house solar cells in 2016, has reached a total of 5 GW of its proprietary Q.ANTUM solar cells from commercial mass production. In addition, Hanwha Q CELLS expects to reach the milestone figure of one billion mass produced Q.ANTUM solar cells by the end of the first half of 2017. These figures demonstrate Q.ANTUM as being the most commercially mature PERC-based technology and show Hanwha Q CELLS´ industry leadership in PERC technology.
Q.ANTUM is the cell technology at the core of Hanwha Q CELLS´ PV product and solution portfolio, which the company will exhibit at Intersolar Europe in Munich from May 31 until June 2, 2017. Visitors will be able to experience multicrystalline and monocrystalline Q.ANTUM modules, including the first displaying of Q.PEAK RS L-G4.2, a monocrystalline Q.ANTUM module with an innovative steel frame and a decentralized junction box. The module has been shortlisted in three different PV awards, including Intersolar Award 2017.
Q.ANTUM: MORE THAN JUST PERC
Q.ANTUM is the proprietary solar cell technology platform of Hanwha Q CELLS. While being based on the rear side passivation of the solar cell (PERC), Q.ANTUM offers many additional features that differentiate it from conventional PERC technologies. Especially, controlling the various degradation effects, PID (potential induced degradation, LID (light induced degradation) and LeTID (light and elevated temperature induced degradation), is a strength of Q.ANTUM technology. Hanwha Q CELLS featured a presentation at the R&D conference ‘Silicon PV’ in Germany in April, showing that LeTID doesn´t only appear on multicrystalline materials, but can also significantly reduce the energy yield of monocrystalline PERC solar cells in early operation stages. Hanwha Q CELLS not only understands the effect, but also implemented processes to control it effectively. This also reflects in the excellent performance warranties of all Q.ANTUM products. Additionally, Q.ANTUM features Hot-Spot-Protect and Tra.Q laser marking for 100 % traceability of any cells produced as well as the strict Q CELLS quality standards.
Q CELLS PRODUCT AND BOOTH HIGHLIGHTS AT INTERSOLAR EUROPE 2017
– Q.PEAK RSF L – G4.1: monocrystalline 72-cell Q.ANTUM solar module with innovative reinforced steel frame and decentralized junction box. Power ratings of up to 375 Wp for lowest LCOE and optimized manageability. shortlisted in 3 innovation awards incl. Intersolar Award 2017
– Q.PEAK – G4.1: monocrystalline 60-cell Q.ANTUM solar module with power ratings of up to 305 Wp offering maximum energy yield under real conditions
– Q.PEAK BLK – G4.1: all black monocrystalline 60-cell Q.ANTUM solar module with power ratings of up to 295 Wp offering top energy yield along with intriguing aesthetics
– Q.PLUS BFR – G4.1: multicrystalline 60-cell Q.ANTUM solar module with power classes of up to 285 Wp offering high energy yields and an excellent price-performance-ratio
– Q.FLAT: The Q CELLS flat roof PV system including Q.ANTUM solar modules and dedicated mounting system for an easy installation.
– Q.HOME+ ESS – G1: The Q CELLS energy storage solution for residential PV systems. Combines a lithium-ion battery (different sizes) with a power inverter and a battery charger
– Live Q.FLAT installation race against the clock will show the easy and fast installation of Q.FLAT and prove the advantages of a tailor-made flat roof system.
– Live introductions of the Q CELLS rooftop planner and the Q.HOME+ ESS – G1 storage solution.