audi Electricity Company (“SEC”) is pleased to invite expressions of interest (“EoI”) in respect of the potential development of two solar photovoltaic (“PV”) Independent Power Plants (“IPPs”), to be located in Al-Jouf and Rafha, north of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.SEC will conduct a competitive process to select a developer(s) or developer consortium(s) for development and operations of solar (PV) IPPs at Al-Jouf and Rafha. Each site will involve the development of up to 50MW of PV capacity. The IPPs will support already existing conventional plants in their respective locations.The project companies incorporated to develop the sites will sell their entire output to SEC under a long term Power Purchase Agreement. Developer will be responsible to develop the solar (PV) IPPs on the land procured by SEC.
SEC requests the following :
1. Interested parties should express their interest to participate in the procurement process by no later than 15:00 hrs on 20 June 2016. Interested parties should (a) deliver their (EoI) in hard copies and (b) submit email responses with their (EOI) attached in (PDF) format to :
• Mr. Hamed Al-Saggaf, Executive Director, IPP & Renewable Energy New Venture Department, Saudi Electricity Company, P.O. Box 22955, Riyadh 11416, Saudi Arabia, EVIRED@se.com.sa and IRINVMG@se.com.sa.
• Mr. Rayyan Nagadi, Head of Project & Export Finance, HSBC Saudi Arabia Limited, 7267 Olaya – Al Murooj, Riyadh 12283-2255, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, email@example.com
2. The (EoI) should specify as a minimum :
• Name of the interested party:
• Name and contact details (postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address) for the appropriate point of contact (the “Point of Contact”) to whom all future correspondence will be sent.
• Confirmation that the interested party intends to act as the lead developer in the project.
• Where the interested party is considering potential consortium partners, an indication of such intention and details of potential consortium partners (to the extent it is known).
Following submission of the (EoI), a confidentiality undertaking may be issued to each Point of Contact. Parties wishing to participate as a lead developer who return executed versions of the confidentiality undertaking may then receive a request for pre-qualification (“RfQ”) document by 14 July 2016. The (RfQ) will include further information, including a description of the project, an outline of the tender process and evaluation criteria for pre-qualification of interested parties.
SEC is being advised by :
• HSBC Saudi Arabia Limited as Financial Consultant.
• DLA Piper Middle East LLP as Legal Consultant.
• DNV GL as Technical Consultant.